The holiday season can be a time of stress and fatigue, anxiety and worry—but it does not have to be. In fact, for many individuals in recovery, the holiday season is a period of unique uplift and positivity. The secret is to be intentional about seeking the joyful, the hopeful, and the good—starting each morning with a few words of positive affirmation.
Those who have never tried self-affirmation may not fully grasp the power of a positive mindset. Aligning your thinking toward optimism and hopefulness can have a holistic impact—increasing your energy, strengthening you against relapse, multiplying your happiness, and broadening your capacity for gratitude.
Make this holiday season a time of looking up. Spend some time each morning saying a few words of positive affirmation. We will provide some suggested affirmations here:
- I am worthy of love and acceptance.
- I am worthy of recovery.
- Today, I will put all negativity behind me.
- Today, I will find joy in where I am.
- I am grateful for my abilities and my gifts.
- Today, I have confidence.
- I am a person of immeasurable worth.
- When I become stressed, I will step away. I will take a break, take a nap or find a creative outlet.
- I am excited for the new opportunities today will bring.
- I do not need to control the actions of others.
- I live my life hopefully.
- I am not alone. I am surrounded by people who love me.
- Today is a fresh start. I am not bound by who I was yesterday.
- I bring positivity to the lives of the people I know.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- Today, I will face my fears and work to overcome them.
- I am independent.
- My health and my life are worth fighting for.
- I am surrounded by friends who support me.
- I will not be intimidated.
- I will not dwell on the past.
- I will treat myself with kindness, patience and respect.
- I have the capacity to love others.
- I forgive myself and others who have hurt me.
- I am loved.
Share your thoughts or comments below and visit us on Facebook!
Westbridge can help you stay in the race.
Call WestBridge Today 1.877.461.7711.