The quaint town of Brooksville, Florida is located in historic Hernando County, within easy reach of the metropolitan cities of Orlando and Tampa. Brooksville offers the best of both worlds with its small-town atmosphere and convenient location in central Florida, yearlong warm weather, and wide open spaces.
The city of Brooksville offers culture and opportunity along downtown brick streets, with a small art gallery, historic museum, and monthly farmer’s market.
There are several medical facilities in the area, including Brooksville Regional Hospital, Spring Hill Regional Hospital, and Oak Hill Community Hospital. A campus of Pasco-Hernando Community College is located nearby, as are several shopping centers and a library. The Hernando County Airport is located a few miles away.
Outdoor attractions include three city parks with walking trails, sports facilities, and picnic areas. There is also a nearby 9-hole golf course, fishing and biking areas, and just a few miles to the north are opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, and camping.
According to recent data:
- Florida is the top travel destination in the world
- The tourism industry delivers $67 billion to Florida’s economy
- Its population ranks 4th in the United States, behind California, Texas, and New York
- There are 1,800 miles of coastline and 1,200 miles of sandy beaches
- 6 million people go camping in Florida each year
- Winter temperatures range from 53-68 degrees, and summer temperatures average 80-83 degrees fahrenheit.
- Florida has more than 11,000 miles of rivers, streams & waterways